Any mail for an inmate in the Georgetown County Detention Center can be sent to the main GCDC address by the example below:
Georgetown County Detention Center
2394 Browns Ferry Rd.
Georgetown, SC 29440
- The inmate’s full name (at least first and last names) must be part of the address.
- All information on the envelope must be legible.
- There must be a return address with a proper name and address.
- No mail with nicknames in the recipient or return address will be delivered to the inmate.
- No mail is accepted from inmates from other detention facilities or prisons.
- Books/magazines must be paperback and must be mailed in directly from a publisher. No books/magazines will be delivered to an inmate with a residential return address. Per GCDC Policy books/magazines cannot contain any information or pictures that threaten the security and safety of the facility, such as pornographic or violent pictures or language, pictures depicting breasts, buttocks, genitals, etc.