It is the mission of the Georgetown County Detention Center to provide quality services to the general public in a courteous and efficient manner contributing to the health, safety, and welfare of all who are housed in the facility.
Our primary duty is to hold securely and house pre-trial and sentenced inmates in a manner observant of local, state, and federal laws and standards.
Georgetown County Detention Center
The Georgetown County Detention Center houses all persons arrested in Georgetown County by local law enforcement. The Detention Center was opened in March 1996 and has a capacity to house 212 inmates. The Detention Center Administrator and Detention Center Command Staff manage the Detention Center as directed by the Sheriff. The Georgetown County Detention Center is responsible for the following:
- Booking and housing all persons arrested in Georgetown County
- Housing state and federal prisoners assigned to the Georgetown County Detention Center
- Fingerprinting and photographing all prisoners brought to the Georgetown County Detention Center
- Conducting background checks on all prisoners
- Providing clothing, food, and medical services to all inmates
- Managing inmate labor working for county agencies
- Managing inmates who pick up litter along roadways throughout the county